Sunday, March 19, 2006

ULTRAVIOLET

I WAS TEMPTED TO WRITE THIS ENTIRE POST IN ALL CAPS SINCE I THINK IT BEGINS TO GIVE A FEEL FOR THE TRUE INTENSITY AND BADASSNESS OF THE FILM, but then the few people who might read this really won't. This movie was all the awfulness I expected it to be and more. It was like Kurt Wimmer watched "Aeon Flux" and "Resident Evil: Apocalypse" and felt he would never top himself after "Equilibrium," so he tried to remake it with a female but add much more BADASSNESS to it and less anything else. Also, apparently in the future you can change your hair color and outfit color at any given time, but the style has to remain the same, especially for females the uniform they must wear is: some kind of tiny, odd vest/jacket, a tight shirt that makes sure to leave your entire midriff open, and some super spandex pants. I would not have pulled through the whole film had it not been for Milla Jovovich as the star, but I have a feeling that I will grow to love this film and will definitely be purchasing it as soon as it drops to under $7 which will probably be within 2 weeks of the DVD release. I don't really want to write much more about this except that I have to say at least there was close to what I was expecting which is loud music, some of the worst written dialogue I've ever heard, guns, blood, and one of my favorite leading ladies (it will take a helluva lot more than this film to ruin the place she earned in my heart from her role as Leeloo in "The Fifth Element").

1 Comments:

At 10:13 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Doesn't look that great, however I must see now that you have recommended it. Only a few more months until Garfield 2, I can't wait!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home